PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIRGIN AUSTRALIA EBA
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2013, 09:09
ad-astra

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Psycho Joe,

Your comments relating to the 14 hour duty give the impression that this is new.

Its in our current EBA.

I have not seen you actively campaigning against this provision over the last 5 years?

How many times has it been used?

How many times have you been rostered to maximum duty period since the current EBA has been in place?

How about we start applying a little bit of common sense here and acknowledge the realities of what is on offer and what has been occurring over the last 5 years.

Misrepresent what is on offer and what we are already operating under and you do your argument no favours.

An awful lot of cherry picking about what could happen but from 10 years of service with this company I am more than comfortable to offer as much good faith as they have over the years.

A lot of red faces and disappointment from those who expected this negotiation to be a push over. Now they scream how the company has not been negotiating in good faith when their unrealistic promises can't be achieved.

I (and what I think a majority of VAA pilots are about to agree) am not willing to watch this debacle by amateurs continue for the sake of "substandard" crew meals and the loss of face of by a union that was out of its depth.

This whole exercise should have been resolved last year and a majority of pilots are about to finally put it to bed.