PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIRGIN AUSTRALIA EBA
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2013, 02:37
Open Descent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JPJP

Thanks for your response.

As far me having a problem with managing expectations, mine are pretty realistic actually. Knowing the change to the business the new boss was trying to make, and given his track record for doing what he says he'll do, I had no misunderstanding that J class duty travel was not an achievable option.
Perhaps those that had a problem with 'managing expectations' were those that put out a fairly outrageous log of claims, instilling in those that read them a false hope that things like J class duty travel were there for the taking.

As far as your second point, which related to that post you dug up from a year ago, what is the point you are trying to make? Are you aware I was referring to an initial job offer not an EBA contract?
And that aside, are you assuming that I took the first offer under duress or out of fear or intimidation?
I was offered a spot with the company back then, however I turned it down in the hope of a better offer the second time around. I was successful in that my second offer was the one I was after. However, I was under no illusions what turning down that first offer meant. The company made it clear that after the second offer there would be no more offers. My 'expectations' were based on the circumstances I was able to operate in.
I made that post in response to a question somebody made at the time that was in a similar position to the one I found myself in. Unlike yourself, rather than tell them what to do, I merely posted what was said to me by the person on the other end of the phone in the hope that whoever may read it could make up their own mind.

Try and apprise yourself of the facts JPJP before you shoot off at the lip. As a self confessed
outside observer and fellow LCC pilot working in the U.S.
, make sure the stones you are lobbing my way don't shatter your glass walls on the way over.

Last edited by Open Descent; 16th Mar 2013 at 02:47.