PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2013, 22:46
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Passing strange!'

All good points that you make Biccy and Kharon!
HMHB said: This is an interesting point regarding not investigating as not a priority. Despite Ian having put his trust in Hempel and being a fare paying passenger on a VH registered aircraft under casa approval.
NB I also believe (although I could stand corrected) that the Yak-52’ s MAUW is above 2250kg which is an ICAO basic requirement for notifying accidents or serious incidents and submitting a preliminary report to ICAO (reference Annex 13 paragraphs 4.1&7.1).

Perhaps the Coroner and SC Anderson would be interested in how the ATSB listed this accident on PG 6 of the ATSB weekly summary w/e 05/09/2008 (my bold):
http://www.atsb.gov.au/media/27915/aws050908.pdf
Occurrence Date: 31/08/2008
ATSB Reference Number: 200805512
Occurrence Category: Accident
ATSB Investigation: No
State: QLD
Aircraft Manufacturer: YAKOVLEV
Aircraft Model: AIRCRAFT FACTORIES YAK-52
Operation Type: Private
Operation Sub Type: Unknown
Airspace Type: OCTA
Airspace Class: G
ATSB Summary: It was reported that the aircraft impacted into water. The wreckage was recovered and both POB sustained fatal injuries.

Passing strange (yet again) that the Coroner and Senior Constable are under the impression that this accident was categorised as commercial and that Ian Lovell was a fare paying pax??

Oh and the Coroner might also be interested to know that apparently the "wreckage was recovered"??

Next..part 3 for Questions for the Coroner..remember the next inquest hearing is Monday morning!