PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2013, 21:21
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HazelNuts39

I cannot believe we are having this discussion. Early: "Here, and Here, you go up, so go down..." "You climb, so go down..." 'Eh, what are you doing..."

Either you believe there is nothing of value in the CVR, and BEA have divulged what they have, without comment. Or you think and trust that BEA should be the be all and end all, of inflection, tone, vocabulary, etc. I do not trust anyone to interpret evidence for me. If I am privy to knowledge of dangerous behaviour by an airline, crew, or equipment, it is my RIGHT to make an informed conclusion, after assessing the evidence, for myself.

I have my reasons, as do others, for not being so trusting. I do not for one thing believe in a "sole source", when it comes to Public safety. I have seen enough of that that backfired on the investigation, and even led to prosecution for serious "errors" of "judgment"...

It is a fundamental of Western society that an accused be allowed to face his accusers, and testify on his behalf in any proceeding. The CVR is the last eyewitness account of an accident that has value for all of us regarding furthering the cause of safety, not to mention the reputations and state of mind of the crew....

What is it about the Truth that you do not feel obliged to seek? Do you believe the report is scrupulously complete, and without bias? It is impossible, without knowing the evidence, in my opinion, to know these things.

For one reason or another, this crash is charged as a crime, manslaughter. With holding evidence is a crime in and of itself, imo.

I have no idea the reputation of this source... But the MAIL ONLINE claims DuBois was heard claiming he had but one hour rest the night before the flight....

Last edited by Lyman; 15th Mar 2013 at 21:53.