PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2013, 00:48
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problems of playing the man and not the ball (AOC)!

Kharon said (my bold):
Hempel: No MR x 4, No medical x 5, Maintenance directive x 2, No record TIS x 1, No log book 1. Fined $16,000 (< $4000) and to be of good behaviour for three years.

Quadrio was hammered out of existence for a lot less than this and yet Johns claims it was a 'group' decision to give Hempel a licence but goes on to admit that most of his statements were a 'nonsense' (before swooning away).
Ah yes to read the FF Hempel ‘Show Cause’ document attached to the QPS Coroners report leaves one to think that big bad Bazza was a ‘protected species’.

Personally I think it is a classic case of FF playing the man and not the ball. One could argue the point for FF that Bazza was a ‘repeat offender’, who had been thumbing his nose at the authorities for decades and therefore FF were well justified in attacking the man.

However if we were to take the present case that is in the public arena i.e. Barrier and time travel back a decade and then replace the name to Hempel and say to FF legal…“go your hardest at shutting down the Hempel AOC”…well would Lovell maybe have been alive today as a consequence?

Going off the bold bits in Kharon’s post and given that these were just a sampling of a litany of non-compliances and priors by BH (some of which was admitted to by BH) it would appear that FF had very damning documented evidence (for a change!). The seriousness of these documented non-compliances etc..etc far outweighs anything presented thus far in the Barrier case.

Yet Barrier’s AOC is permanently cancelled on far less alleged misdemeanours and with total disregard by FF on ‘rule of law’ principles.

So it isn’t too much of a stretch to imagine that FF could have pulled BH’s AOC and put BH out of business with a legitimate legally justified case i.e. adhering to ‘rule of law' and the 'MLR' principles.

Therefore FF could (a) have stopped the means for BH to fly illegal psuedo commercial operations under the cover of the Hempel AOC; and (b) Samantha Hare wouldn’t have seen an advertisement for Hempel’s adventure flights; and (c) not have bought the ticket that put her fiancé in the back seat of BH’s Yak that fateful, tragic day.

Kharon said: “A thing of wonder to me how the CASA mind works.”

Hmm…Hempel…Pel-Air…Barrier…Hempel…Pel-Air...Barrier (I know there’s more but these matters are here and now i.e. current) all similar in some ways but all handled by FF with apparently different ‘modi operandi’…yes indeed Kharon …“it's all passing strange.???