PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any news on Barrier? Minus the drift.
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2013, 00:08
kalavo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

There is a reason the rest of our entire legal system separates the roles of judge, jury and executioner. We don't give absolute power to the police on the street, we don't give absolute power to the judge - that's why we have a jury as well.

Aviation is absolutely no different, except we were stupid enough to let CASA have more power. Yes there is the potential for things to go wrong in Aviation. But guess what? Accidents happen in other industries as well.

As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, if someone is convicted of murder, the police arrest him, he is taken to court and the case is heard by a judge and a jury of his peers and he is found not guilty.... the police do not then throw him straight back in jail because "he has the potential to be a murder". He was found not guilty, to even arrest him again there needs to be a significant amount of new evidence that takes potentially years to gather.

I don't believe anyone here could say CASA has managed to gain that evidence in a single afternoon in the case of Barrier. For starters not a single flight got in to the air between the end of the court case and CASA issuing the show cause notice. Any evidence gathered up until the point that it was dismissed should have been shown in court.

We have a very very broken system here where CASA can destroy a business, and keep it from operating until they are so far in debt they can't afford a lawyer and never have their day in court, even if they do have their day in court and their case is heard and dismissed, CASA can still rough them up again. This is broken.

"In summing up it's the constitution, it's mabo, it's justice, it's law, it's the vibe and uhh no that it's it, it's the vibe. I rest my case"