PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2013, 22:19
morris1

and its goodnight from me.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bid you farewell.

The current atmosphere surrounding Police Officers and social media has brought me to the conclusion that it is time to say goodbye to PPrune after 8 years.

Im not happy that I cant be "found" should the service I work for decide to come get me. Some quite high profile Officers (and one who I know personally) are currently on the verge of being investigated. So on that note I'm deleting my account as of tonight.
I'll check in every now and then as a visitor, however I wont be posting anything further.

I read today Jeremy Hunt talking about NHS whistleblowers, and saying "There has been a culture where people felt if you speak up about problems in the NHS you didn't love the NHS,"

It seems that if the Police Service are providing a poor service, we must keep it to ourselves..!

I do love my job. I love being a Police Officer and the flying part is just an added bonus that lets me do the Police work better.

I'll leave on this note.. that NPAS was doomed from the start, because it was born to cut costs, not provide a better service. Any successes it has along the way, will only ever be due to the hard work of those of us fighting through the weather, in the dark, to get to where we are needed, then using our skills and experience honed over the years, to get the results.
I am in NPAS, and will remain for now until/if winsor takes money from me. My one hope is that im still around to see something better rise from the ashes of NPAS after it has all been found out to be the huge white elephant it has already proved to be.

My opinions on NPAS from now.... are not to be publicised, for fear of retribution from the powers that be.

Goodnight, safe flying to you all.