PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2013, 20:19
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Coconutty, I tend to agree that the complaints do not seem over onerous even if the debatable items had been accepted by those that had refused additional duty.

Shift patterns have thank fully changed over the years but there are plenty of quite recently retired cops out there [including me] who thought nothing of a standard 6-day week, with three weeks continuous night duty with three days off inserted to disrupt normality, quick changes.... off nights at 6am to attend a 10-30am court miles from home.... three of four times in a week.

Going off duty and returning within 8 hours is certainly nothing new in the world of police duty changes but I might vote not to fly with the pilot having undertaken such a change - I deduce that there is a wild difference between putting your life into the hands of someone punting a car around the streets and another flying an aircraft with only 5-6 hours sleep.

Ok I know lots of it is sheer history now but this 11 hour gap is new and the case has not really been explained well by whatapalava.