PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2013, 13:59
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurbineD

I was involved (at the investigative level) in a fatal motor vehicle accident (MVA). The client was charged with Vehicular manslaughter and looking at 15 years in prison.

The Official Report by the Highway Patrol was damning, and on the face of it, impenetrable. My partner, through diligent research, found record of an interview done by the State investigator. The eyewitness was a registered Nurse, and first on the scene, performing unfortunately unsuccessful resuscitative work on the dying victim.

The record of the interview was nowhere to be found in the Official Report.

The witness was incredulous, "They did not quote my statements?"

Fifteen minutes after the District Attorney found out that the witness had been found, and was willing to testify at Trial, he dropped all charges.

NOTHING in the Official Report was false. It portrayed a slam dunk case of manslaughter. One piece of evidence, excluded from the report, (when "found"), trashed the Official report to smithereens.

The eyewitness report was wilfully and illegally hidden, suppressed.
There was no reason to support a charge of felony obstruction, the person who hid the interview was someone who would participate in many more actions, and one needed to be circumspect about those kinds of things. We were happy with the dismissal, and satisfied that "Justice" had been won.

I do NOT charge misfeasance; BEA has released a FINAL report, no one may ever know what is in the full record. Probably nothing of importance.

Confucius: "A Half Truth is a Whole Lie".

Trust in GOD, all others must disclose....