PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantarse pilots at Ek
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2013, 11:52
Rosso Noche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The sad thing is that one of your colleagues has struggled with his training and the best you can do is trash him because of his previous employer. I have seen the same on other threads regarding ex Ryanair pilots. These guys were selected against EK criteria when many were not. You may not agree with the criteria or the effect that it has on you yet it is what it is and they are now EK employees. These guys are your colleagues. It is an Emirates pilot who has struggled with his training, not a Qantas/Ryanair/whoever pilot.

Maybe you should support your colleague instead of attacking him when he is down. From my experience those who display the behaviour that you have alleged of this person usually have a lot more going on behind the scenes than just work. None of us (especially in this industry) are immune from this or the potential for it to impact on our ability to do our jobs. If the posters on this thread actually work in this industry then they would understand that regardless of who we work for we have to look out for each other because nobody else will.

As far as any particular airline or nationality being in demand or not; every airline will have great, average & $h!thouse pilots and every airline (insert: any job, any industry) will have the 5% rule. That is 5% will be w@nkers/lazy/argumentative/have a chip on their shoulder and that 5% will always give others a bad name.

The worst part about this thread is I bet the original poster doesn't even know this person. Doesn't know what their story is or whether they are a decent person or not. They heard a rumour about an airline/nationality they held prejudices towards and they couldn't wait to share a colleagues pain with the rest of jworld... PATHETIC. I hope I never have to work with you!