PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2013, 10:45
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub,
On here 24/7, relentlessly defending CTC's cadet scheme in long, well-worded posts, yet claiming you are not associated somehow
Please, give me a break.
What is it you want a break from?.......Reality!

Ok! I haven't flown with these cadets for the last 15 years. I haven't seen a lot of people do really well from these programmes with good partners such as ourselves. I don't work for a company where over 25% of the company, from management through to First Officer, have come through this route. I don't work for a company that pays for type ratings. I don't work for a company that continues to recruit a balanced cross section from a spectrum of pilots, but wants its cadets from a good, consistent, recognised and managed source. I don't sleep. I simply lie in order to obtain large sums of remuneration from a flight training organisation to supplement my meagre salary and pension from the airline that I don't actually work for (I think?)

No one has ever done well by obtaining fasttrack career opportunities through one of these programmes. You would be much more likely to be working for a first tier airline by getting 250 hours as cheaply as possible, when those airlines will be knocking down your door to get you to come and work for them. The sky is falling in, and within a decade there will only be two airlines left, so save your money. From now on I will shut my eyes tight, put speed tape over my mouth (or fingers,) and put my fingers in my ears! (may be difficult with the tape on!)

There!

That wasn't as cathartic as it should have been, but it may be the 24/7 sleep deprivation that hasn't kicked in yet.

Does that help?