PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines Flight 742 "flight control system" problems
Old 14th Mar 2013, 03:14
PBY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iceman, I agree with you, that if somebody does not know the pitch and power in the 3 degree glide, one should not be in a cockpit. So now, when you finally agree with me that it is of a paramount importance to know that, the info should be in the cockpit, why Airbus does not provide this vital info in the QRH?
You are talking about double failure. Imagine a single cause. Pitot, static and Aoa iced up or contaminated with a sand during a sandstorm and AOA stuck.
Now you have no BUSS and you fly pitch and power. You have know training, no info on pitch and power from official source (airbus manual). Lawyers will love it, as much as they are sueing the a$$ of airbus training department due to A447 accident.
Thank you also on agreeing with me, that we should first get out of the stall by reducing the angle of attack and than level the wings. The airbus problem in The QRH is a problem of sequence. They do say level the wings before the column when out of stall.
So now when we agree with each other, good night!