PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any news on Barrier? Minus the drift.
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2013, 22:30
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pineapple has been inserted, now twist it!

Ironic really, CASA conducted a thorough investigation? CASA can't even tie its own shoelaces 'thoroughly'. You only have to peruse years of senate inquiries and other silly things they have done to see that. In CASA's current condition they aren't capable of watering their pot plants.

And, once again, we have an operator in allegedly such a bad state that they must be instantaneously grounded and dispatched to the pages of aviation history, yet how did Barrier become so bad supposedly so quickly when they have been the receivers of regular CASA audits and surveillance for some time? Hmm Transair used to receive CASA audits and undergo surveillance as well.
I would enjoy reviewing all surveillance and audit reports in say the past 3 years leading up to this 'parlous situation'. It would be intersting indeed to see how 'thorough' the regulator has been?

And as Sunfish mentioned, you have this CASA gem; 'CASA was not satisfied that Barrier Aviation would not operate aircraft with defects if allowed to resume operations'. Isn't that an assumption? Isn't that a statement based on crystal ball methodology? What if BA admitted to its mistakes, fixed its systems and processes and demonstrated evidence of such? That is a possibility, yet they never got the chance? According to CASA the AOC is cancelled because CASA was not satisfied the operator would not operate aircraft with known defects. Bit hard to assume this based solely on past evidence alone. I guess the thorough CASA investigation must have uncovered some pretty serious concerns that we aren't totally privy to.
You still have to wonder if FNQ really is cursed or whether there is 'something' in the CASA or operator water? Maybe it's the humidity that affects both operator and regulator? Who knows.

Trent, there is nothing 'normal' about CASA. As for 'tweets', the bearded spokesman is showing that he is embracing of modern technology at FF. Tweets, twitters, emails, text messages, smoke signals and morse code. All methods of robust communication that the (R)egulator uses to keep industry alert to imminent concerns! Folly.

'Safe skies are FNQ skies?'

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 13th Mar 2013 at 23:37. Reason: Watching as GA shrinks to the size of an Inspectors winky