PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines Flight 742 "flight control system" problems
Old 13th Mar 2013, 17:32
PBY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that it is not a coincidance that AF447 crashed. It is the fruit of Airbus training. Airbus always used to say, that captain does not need to be a good pilot, but must be a good manager. By the way I am a airbus instructor. But what I see in the sim and on the line is mind-boggling. Such a basic inability to fly the aircraft. No clue about pitch and power and how to set it. By the way, airbus is a good airplane. But the training is a disaster. It has always been like that. Now airbus in its infinite wisdom removed the pitch and power setting for 3 degree glide slope from the manuals. Because now we have magic. Below level 250 we put all the ADRs off and we have back up speed scale. They have just forgot a small detail. If angle of atack indicator gets stuck, it is not going to work and basic pitch and power would be helpful. But Airbus flight training department always need people to get killed before they come up with changes.
Another great idea in the airbus QRH is how to recover from the stall. They are asking to level the wings even before you are out of stall. It is a great entry into the spin. Before I joined the airlines, a good friend, an airline pilot told me, that many airline pilots don't have basic flying skills. I was looking up to airlines. I did not believe it. But now I believe it.