PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bomber Harris Interview on TV (merged - AGAIN!)
Old 13th Mar 2013, 17:20
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anger, anger, rage, fuming...

To all those that dare act as judge and jury.
How dare ANYONE criticise men that willingly volunteered to take the war to an enemy that was threatening to invade our country.

Grrr.. How dare you, I am fuming.

These men knew the risks, they would see the empty bunks that would indicate another missing soul and yet day in, day out these brave men risked their lives just so some 60 or 70 years later some holier than thou armchair critics can come here and act as a so called judge and jury. How dare they!!

I will stand first in line to exchange banter with the Junior Service but I will also be at the front of the queue when it comes to commending those brave men for risking their lives just so we could have this freedom of speech which some folks seem to take so much for granted.

As has been said by other posters, war is ugly and sadly folks get killed.

Is the reality that factories make bombs, tanks, aircraft, munitions, etc etc? and yes they also produce first aid equipment (which we could argue helps to restore back to health those that have been injured)

Factories usually employed those that might not be able to fight but these factories produced everything that is needed to fight a war. Take out the factories, take out the emplyees and you then take out the much needed replacement equipment that is needed to fight a war. Are those that make the bombs non combatants, should they be allowed to go about their business and make as many and as much munitions as they want? If sadly children are employed in these factories should we refuse to bomb them?

It could be argued the Germans had by far the better equipment but they lacked numbers, they lacked the replacement aircraft, the tanks, guns and munitions required to carry on with the insane killing and why did they lack these items?

Grow up and accept war is a bitch

To be the commander that gives the orders to bomb these locations in the full knowledge of how well those places were defended could not have ben easy.

To see the casualty figures that would come in each day after these men had complied with your orders must have been stomach churning and I for one cannot begin to imagine how this man coped with this awful responsibility but cope he did and thanks to the way he carried out his orders we conquered the evil tyrants that committed such awful atrocities. Please do not think for one minute I am of the opinion that the war was won solely by the actions of Bomber Command, I am certainly not suggesting that but I am saying lives were saved by the actions, by the sacrifice of these exceeding brave men who volunteered for one of the most dangerous occupations of that war.
Go stand in the naughty boys corner and do not come out until you can say something sensible..