PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2013, 14:10
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My objective is to ensure that anyone wanting to follow into there footsteps does so with all the relavent facts.
Followed by:
The only airlines left in europe will be BA/Iberia, Lufthansa, KLM/Airfrance, Easyjet and Ryan Air sais MO.
That is a fact is it? Or is it just your opinion?

This is a wanabees forum. A forum for people wanting to become professional pilots. It is a very difficult industry to break into. It is an industry that comes with a very expensive price tag if you want a shot at the fasttrack programmes. It is very expensive in any event. The attrition rate is high, and the risks are both real and substantial. There are no end of people prepared to point them out.

CTC is one of the major FTO's who do supply ab-initio pilots into these fasttrack cadet programmes. That is what this particular thread is about, and indeed how it is titled. However bad the terms and conditions at certain carriers may be, or however many unemployed pilots might be out there, or whatever the levels of debt may or not be assumed, the purpose of the thread is to provide information. Some of that will be accurate, and some of it won't. It is up to people to filter out what they want from here, and then take it somewhere else and filter it again and again. No matter how many filters they do apply, at the end of the day there will be no guarantees and it will still be a case of rolling the dice.

I would suggest that is the point, and I don't think too many people are actually unaware of it.