PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots changing career
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2013, 11:12
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of are gifted with the ablity to think in certain ways. For those that are technically minded the ATPL's aren't very hard. Those that have a more philisophy way of thinking it will be harder.

That being said I suspect I would fail the aged 16 philosphy exam so it doesn't change the level which it is at.

A degree is a qualification in organised thinking. It should require original thought, processing and documenting.

The hammering a question bank followed by fannying around a procedure with only one donk working doesn't really meet the bill.

I can understand the points scheme because they are looking to not let in people likely to require resources from the social system. And ATPL is up there with a masters if you wanting to come into the country and have a job already. I presume a Masters cert for supertankers is in the same level. But you won't hear of them claiming they are degree qualified. They are proud at the fact they are a master of a huge ship.

And way the immigration thing is more a sliding shopping list for talent if you want a certain range of skills you make it easier to get in. Things change and an ATPL will have the same level as a sheep shearer.