PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting your baggage off the belt.
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2013, 09:06
YorkshireTyke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been a pet peeve of mine since Pontius was a Pilot - just why do people do it ? It's a World Wide disease.

I often say in a loud voice - Why do these idiots stand so close ? Doesn't make me any friends, but what the Hell. When I do see my bag I cause as much disruption and Boadecia type flailing carnage as I can.

When I'm a Station Manager I'll arm the staff with Tasers to use against those who dare step less than about 8 ft. from the edge of the belt, and any that dare take a trolley anywhere near it !

Sheep have more sense.

Funny too, how everyone always seems to have identical looking luggage, that changes with the years. Was once the blue Globetrotter, then the great Samsonite Oyster, and now these mini-pantechnicans, wheeled monsters in an identical black canvas look. A bit of gaily coloured graffiti sprayed on the sides helps, after all it's a tool not a fashion statement, who cares what it looks like.

I used to wonder who trained the loaders to put them on the belt upside down, until recently, when I questioned a loader about this as he threw my bag from the X-ray machine on to the moving belt - deliberately upside down,
'cos of the wheels, he said, they roll off very easily now, better upside down with the wheels in the air.

Makes sense, so from now on I'll pack it upside down !