PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helios Crash
Thread: Helios Crash
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2013, 08:17
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b44
The only thing that makes sense to me is they depressurized at altitude and had no oxygen.
- I recall the report saying they were discussing the horn at around 10,000' with company?

MCC - bugspeed post #27 refers to it. It is a mandatory part of EU pilot training - 'Multi-crew Cooperation' course. It would have given the steward several 737 sim training hours.

Edit to say that from a report they appear to have been discussing an E&EE cooling failure at 12000' with maintrol. It is worth trying to follow the erratic reports as they flow though the old thread http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/2...stigation.html

"The cabin altitude warning horn sounded at 12,000 feet, four minutes from takeoff. A few seconds later (09.11.50), the captain reported an air-conditioning problem and requested clearance from ATC to hold at 16,000 feet, which happens to be the maximum for APU bleed supply. "

The accident still remains a mystery to me. Has anyone seen ANY of the Canadian/Boeing or other reports (with links?)

Last edited by BOAC; 13th Mar 2013 at 08:36.