PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need input in regards to a financial advisor in Dubai
Old 12th Mar 2013, 22:16
SwedenInDubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need input in regards to a financial advisor in Dubai

Hi all DXB-based colleagues,

As many (or perhaps all) of us pilots at Emirates know, "Financial Advisors" from a company named GlobalEye has been harassing us for quite a while. After countless of endless of meaningless calls from them I finally started to agree to meet with them without showing up. After a couple of scheduled meetings they finally left me alone!

However, I would still like to make provisions for my retirement, but I just don't have the knowledge to do it myself and certainly not the time to learn about it.

I've been reading at different forums and from what I've found, Holborn Assets and Acuma are recommended and told to be reputable companies. The problem I see - as a Swedish citizen - is that they don't have a Swedish advisor, hence not familiar with the Swedish tax system (which is very complicated).

Now, here to my "situation" and questions:

I met a Swedish guy at an event a couple of days ago that quite recently moved back to Dubai, working with financial planning. He seemed to be a really nice person and he wasn't pushy at all. Nevertheless, he told me that he was new to the financial planning industry as such (only 6 months) but he has a Masters Degree in economics from one of the highest ranked Uni's in Sweden (auditing and finance, hence familiar with the Swedish tax system) and he has completed the first certification in financial planning. He's also previously been working at the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE.

In addition; he has experienced colleagues he could turn to and he hasen't been harassing me like GlobalEye, only an e-mail with some information of the services he provides.

1. What's your input and thoughts in regards of the above?
2. Would you pursuit with this guy given my circumstance and nationality?
3. If no, what do you suggest me to do?

Many thanks in advance!