PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2013, 21:31
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
True but irrelevant. Do classic controls always produce the same aeroplane response for the same yoke displacement or it depends on weight, C.G., speed, altitude? Proper way to fly passenger transport aeroplane is by attitude indicator, not by feel.
No kidding? I do know how to fly, I do know how to fly on instruments, and I am aware of how modern flight control systems have response rates. I used to have to check them for delivery, according to a spec.
Who checks THS position on classics after take-off anyway?
Why are you asking me? The "position of THS" beacme a topic of discussion in re AF 447, and some of the folks in this discussion feel that the THS ended up impeding the recovery. I am not in that camp.

You comment to me there is not on point, as I was referring to response rates, a feature which will be found in any aircraft that has hydraulic/electro mechanisms in the linkages between pilot input and flight control surface movement. As I understand it from those folks who fly the A330, the response rates are just fine in normal flying. No surprise, I imagine the AB engineers and test pilots did a lot of work together to get that "just right" before deliveries started ...
When required attitude and performance is achieved, residual trim force is trimmed out but notice taken of trim position after trimming - naaaaaaay.
Thanks for that, but I already know that.

Cheers.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 12th Mar 2013 at 21:33.