PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 12th Mar 2013, 09:41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would not embark on flight training if I was a doctor, probably full stop. The only possible caveat I would add to this was unless I had a large pot of cash that could fund being out of work and to subsidise a poor first wage. And then, if I had a large pot of cash on top of that needed for flight training, I would probably use it for something else!

So you get lucky and bag a job with a TP operator 1 to 2 years post training and the starting salary is circa £20k to £25k PAYE, based god knows where. That's a long time earning stuff all!! Can you survive on that, let alone live!?

And you really have to get lucky to land that gig. Draw up a list of operators who employ low hour modular graduates, it won't be a very long one. Add to that Easy and Ryan expansion coming to an end soon and you'll have a large number of integrated students going for those jobs too. Going integrated isn't paved with gold either, there is quite a significant amount chasing jobs on scabby TP the other side of the globe now!

It's bleak out there and I can't see it getting any better anytime soon unfortunately. I think I've just talked myself out of the caveat!!