PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 12th Mar 2013, 01:41
1me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Ngineer. They do have some pretty nasty plans being executed or up the spout. IFE....mmm....yes I remember now, meeting Rowers 2001, Executive member Hey Would trying to convince us all that it was just work on top of what us Qantas Avionic guys could handle. Discussion of this meeting is still debated today, I was questioned about it in the Federal Court last week where we are seeking enforcement of the Job Security clause.

A bit like when Keith Clark and Brenton Maille tried to convince us that there was this great facility in Avalon that could be used to accomplish a 747 interior reconfig program. 22 months in duration they assured us and then the facility would be shut down.. Oh but hang on we'd like to do a 747-400 interior reconfig program now and once that's complete then we'll shut the facility down.. oh wait a minute you guys in Sydney Heavy are flat-out! We'd like to relieve you of this burden and do "overflow" work at Avalon.. not core work mind you just overflow work.. And now it has just occurred to us that it is not viable to do ANY heavy checks in Sydney. We have built this you beaut multi-bay hangar in Brisvegas to do our 767 work in.. Oh and we have a great facility in Avalon to do the Jumbo work.. Sorry Sydney.