PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 12th Mar 2013, 01:21
1me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no open slather O/T where I am.Just normal run of the mill.That has been my point all along.O/T where I am is done by maybe the same 20 people for the last 20 years.It is not being done at the detriment of other bases.
Well ever since the announcement in November it seems as though we are getting text messages requiring us to work O/T every other day. They even send requests out to guys who are sleeping between night shifts! Talk about managing fatigue! Considering that prior to November the requested O/T was virtually nil for at least 12-18 months preceding, I'd pretty much call that open slather..

An international fleet being cut by 50% and predomidently serviced in Sydney equals job losses.Sorry for the bad news.
But hang-on, we're overstaffed! With all those planes we don't have anymore surely that means we have enough people to acquit the required maintenance without needing to work O/T? So those same 20 people who have been working all the O/T for the last 20 years when we had more planes can relax and de-stress..

I would say 99% of the guys on my crew don't believe it is going to make 1 ounce of difference in saving most of the jobs.
Yeah.. funny that isn't it?

Last edited by 1me; 12th Mar 2013 at 02:01.