PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe axing jobs
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2013, 22:19
B Fraser
Tabs please !

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts
The guy who complained flight times are anti business is having a giraffe
Leg,

Let's take a recent example. Anyone living west of Swindon has a number of choices that avoid the schlep up to Heathrow. Within the last month or thereabouts, I had to go to Newcastle for the day on a Wednesday. Now Flybe do have a service that goes from Exeter. The problem is that the BE703 leaves at 12:15 arriving 13:40 meaning that a couple of hours of work can be done at a push. So how do you get home ? There is a problem in that the only flight of the day is the BE702 leaving Newcastle at 10:25 so that means a night in a hotel and Thursday is a write-off. The same problem would also apply in the reverse direction.

So, let's look at EasyJet. The 08:45 from Bristol delivers me to Newcastle at a reasonable 09:50. I can be in the office at 10:30 and leave at 17:00 to have dinner in the airport before getting the 18:50. You are now probably speculating what the demand on this route is so I'll enlighten you. EasyJet have two Airbus flights on a Wednesday and three on a Thursday in either direction. I can only comment on the flights I took but the load factors were well over 90%.

You ask about Flybe
ain't you seen the endless surveys the cabin crew thrust at you? (sic)
Well it isn't very likely, is it ? Oh, and my laptop bag fitted in the overhead bin.