PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F15 Court Martial Updates
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2003, 13:57
DICK DOLEMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Summary for Thursday 13th February

This is likely to be the shortest daily summary of the entire CM.

When the Board assembled this morning, two members were missing. The Judge Advocate explained that the senior member was informed at 4am this morning that her father was terminally ill. The junior member then drove her to Crewe and was unlikely to be back in Helensburgh before 3 pm today. The JA informed the court that the CM could continue with only 5 members but if there was a further similar occurrence, the CM would have to be dissolved and started afresh. Accordingly, he decided to adjourn for the day and the CM will resume tomorrow at 9 am with 6 members and the JA. The senior member will not rejoin the board after today. Our sympathies and best wishes go with her.

This event will now take the CM into next week and it is rumoured that it may take until Friday to conclude. This is already the longest running CM in RAF history and certainly the most expensive. So long has it been running that one of the board has been promoted since it started! Our congratulations!

Tomorrow’s summary might be posted quite late or even on Saturday, as I shall be travelling home from the CM on Friday evening.

On a personal note, my sincere thanks to my colleagues at ATC Warton for their support.

Dick Doleman