PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2013, 12:40
gladrags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iberia dispute.

@ Noonday Gunn

Thanks for your 'constructive' suggestion.

I would like to point out, that at no time have I said "things are that bad" or that I feel a viable solution would be to resign, as it has become so intolerable. However, I thank you again for offering it as an option.

I merely stated that I dislike the behaviour and opinions that are unfortunately demonstrated and voiced by some(NOT all, I hasten to add)individuals within BAs flight crew ranks.
Do you seriously think that simply registering my dislike of that behaviour is reason enough to suggest "I leave and let the rest of you get on with it" as you so eloquently put it?

I'll also happily admit that I feel it's only right for the leadership team to now start looking at the BA flight crew community in order to make further savings. I think you will struggle to find anyone within BA(apart from a pilot obviously)who wouldn't support any such scheme.

I am disappointed by your comment. In my opinion it shows a real lack of imagination on your behalf, an understanding of the issues and a willingness to participate in seeking out workable solutions to a problem which is sadly having a detrimental effect on what once was(and still can be IMO)a great job with a great company.

Unfortunately for all parties concerned, whilst people have this mindset 'moving forward' seems like it will still be a very long way off. What a shame.

Also, the 15th comment on normal_nigel's 'list' where he refers to a 'gay drama' ensuing following developmental feedback being given is deeply unpleasant and totally inappropriate, both in the workplace and on a public forum.

One wonders what other prejudices normal_nigel has in his repertoire?
It also begs the question, should he should really be in the job he is, if he holds such bigoted opinions?

Last edited by gladrags; 11th Mar 2013 at 17:49.