PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 11th Mar 2013, 12:06
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One for the memory books, Flyingfiend vs All

On a lighter note,

A trip down memory lane, to the days when our mate Flyingfiend would post. Good ol days when 'robust discussion' was in it's prime!

http://www.pprune.org/pacific-genera...te-here-5.html
Gross stupidity
The usual 'CASA' bashers up to their old tricks: pull something out of the air, post it on PPRuNe, mix in a few abusive mates, wait a few posts (preferably until there is a new page of posts) and you can cook up a case where you quote yourself as a harbinger of FACT!

Where is 'CASAWEARY'? Is he/she still worried about the federal police?

Anyway, I am not interested in CASA, it is the intellectual fraud that gets to me about this.

But lets see what this is all about. Off to the Senate with a petition are we?

Well, if we look at the numbers that are in the public domain:

1. Pilots in OZ: approx 30,000.
2. LAMEs in OZ: approx 7000.

On the top line of the equation: your petition supporters, add in those who 'fear retribution' for good measure and what do you get with this recipe?

A dissatisfied percentage of .7%!!!

It would be a total waste of my taxes for the Senate to cough up for an enquiry.

Plus, there are some things that the odd (no pun intended) person of the more vocal variety here may have to consider (I could be wrong, I don't work in absolutes):
e.g. police still considering very serious charges over the death at night of a single pilot into Botany Bay from some time ago;

CASA finding out about a certain Wilga that is now in Boonah that EVERYONE knows had an illegal fuel modification done to it sometime by someone when the aircraft was in North Queensland (not done well though, it leaked)

And lastly

Some person has chosen to vilify practicing lawyers.

Oh dear; no other comment required.

So, I agree; things could be better but it may take more horsepower from those pursuing it than has been demonstrated here.

Oh and don't forget, when you reply remember to move rapidly to attack me rather than debate the issues.

FF
Oh that naughty Flyingfiend, so wily, so mischievous, please come back from Montreal. The boys are out in the playground and we are looking for an extra player to join the team. What do you say?

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 11th Mar 2013 at 12:13.