PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe axing jobs
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2013, 09:15
Aldente

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin baggage
Generous for the type of aircraft mostly used on domestics. Plenty of bags available on the market: Cabin Luggage, Hand Luggage, Flight Bags & Wheeled Holdalls from Luggage Superstore. - Page 1 of 15

I found several on the web which fit in FlyBe sizes so what is the problem. This is not an advert and there are many sites selling cabin bags
Maybe, however the IATA standard cabin bag size is 56 x 45 x 25 *including wheels*. My usual cabin bag is exactly 56 cm including the wheels and so accepted by Easyjet and most others.

FlyBe however has (rather sneakily in my opinion) reduced its allowance by 1 cm to 55 cm thereby ensuring the "standard" size bag such as mine and most others doesn't fit.This then adds an extra £14 per sector on top of what are already higher fares than their competitors.

That being said, as a pilot myself who has worked for another airline who failed to adapt in a ruthless and cut-throat market place (too little too late), I know the frustration the employees must be feeling!

Last edited by Aldente; 11th Mar 2013 at 09:18.