PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 11th Mar 2013, 07:33
EWANQF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1me,the only divisive and emotive issue where I am working is having to cop unofficial O/T ban "pressure" from the union/reps/workmates.I would say 99% of the guys on my crew don't believe it is going to make 1 ounce of difference in saving most of the jobs.Quite the opposite,if no one does O/T,would the bean counters not look at that port/work area,and deem that they must be overstaffed.Do you really think that doing O/T for someone who has gone sick is going to save anyones job in Sydney,now that is childish.Agreed,it is sad that people will lose their jobs,but hey people are losing their jobs in every industry daily.At least the company is offering alternative employment in Brissy Hangars,with transfer packages.The mood is changing,LAMES just want to come to work,do their job and go home.The union reps know the feelings of the LAMES in other ports outside of Sydney.And no,I am not burying my head in the sand,this is the new reality,things are changing rapidly and even if the engineering is being run into the ground,there really is nothing you can do.(ie they shut the bloody airline down last time it got tough...don't you remember).Its time to move on 1me,no one outside of QANTAS really cares about working in the rain at 2am during winter.You chose this industry,I chose this industry.I am going to stick with it as long as I can.And if that means adapting to change,then that is what I will do.