PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 10th Mar 2013, 19:14
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creamie – not sure I entirely agree with your forecast Senate result. The DAS was going and anyway; if he was ever truly 'there' as part of the iron circle. This group of Senators appear to understand the deeper implications of the Pel Air incident and they don't give the impression that they are simply looking for a donkey to pin a tail on (spoiled for choice).

Hempel and Skymaster (Canley Vale) are due for more attention, not within the ambit of the current inquiry I know; but, in their own way significant and further highlight just how out of shape the CASA administration is. No doubt you have been reading through some of the proposed new 'rules', they are worth a public outcry for bad drafting alone.

I do sincerely wish I knew how to fix things up so the system could be useful, sensible and clear; but I fear the rot is too deeply entrenched to be cured without radical surgery. If the current Senate Committee can't, don't or won't make the much needed changes this go around, then the next one will have to – or the one after that.

Anyway – back to the cryptic crossword, a nice cup of tea and another day in aviation paradise, trying not to get goaled.

Last edited by Kharon; 10th Mar 2013 at 19:24. Reason: Carefully remove any PP reference.