PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe axing jobs
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2013, 16:36
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right then ladies and gents.....

Restructuring
Ok, so many jobs are being cut or outsourced and this has affected 10% consisting of crew, ground and office staff and engineers and 20% management. It is not ideal but the intention is to reduce overheads in areas which are perceived as either over staffed (and yes this really is the case in some areas) or where the roles are no longer required.

Drinks
Free drinks have been offered for a long long time at Mr Walkers request. To make so many cuts but still offer free Kenco is ludicrous and a petition was set up in Exeter to remove the free drinks. Kettles will be provided to out stations and I am sure the crew and ground staff can rustle a few quid to cover coffee and tea. If on an airport standby bring some tea bags and there is no issue. If this really is a problem I would suggest these people need to get out more and see what problems are affecting the real world.

Fares
They are expensive and Flybe do need to wake up and review their pricing strategy. However this can not be said for every route.

Cabin baggage
Generous for the type of aircraft mostly used on domestics. Plenty of bags available on the market: Cabin Luggage, Hand Luggage, Flight Bags & Wheeled Holdalls from Luggage Superstore. - Page 1 of 15

I found several on the web which fit in flybes sizes so what is the problem. This is not an advert and there are many sites selling cabin bags

We are suppose to be representing professionals here instead it's just another opportunity to moan, complain, slag off call it whatever but its not constructive and does not help.

Last edited by Cloud1; 10th Mar 2013 at 16:42.