PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL-3
Thread: LIVERPOOL-3
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2013, 14:00
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizzair's Liverpool flight from Vilnius I think has been replaced by the new Alesund route. Liverpool was probably chosen as the one to go because Ryanair also offer the route and Wizz Air also serve Doncaster.

Now with Ryanair on the Warsaw route also, perhaps Liverpool maybe top choice again if something needs to be axed to make way for new routes from Warsaw?? It doesn't look good for Liverpool.

Back on the subject of passenger numbers... I know this is only 1 route, 2 departures a week, but is certainly looking like another reduction in passenger numbers this year to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong but:

Norwegian will bring 2 new flights a week, increasing to 3 in the autumn

Ryanair have said they will bring 180,000 extra passengers this year (2.1 million in total)

however...

Wizz Air are only 7 flights a week now, down from a peak of 10 last year

KLM were still at Liverpool until March 2012 so they will still impact this years annual figures.

FlyBe I think also have a few less if I remember correctly. Only Mon, Thur and Fri have 4 flights to/from IOM, I'm sure it was 4 every weekday last year with 3 only on Sat & Sun (could be mistaken)

EasyJet are making the biggest reductions. Following major expansion at Manchester, EasyJet will base only 7 aircraft this summer, down from 9 last year.

I would think the loss of 2 based EasyJet aircraft is going to have more than a 180,000 passenger reduction and will wipe out the growth FR will bring. Can anyone shed any light??

Last edited by FRatSTN; 10th Mar 2013 at 14:01.