PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is It Time For Direct Political Action? An Accessible Aviation Movement?
Old 10th Mar 2013, 12:07
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Very commendable.!

Great idea Sunny, so you want us /AAM or whoever to get rid of every politician in the country !!!. (Just think of the savings!)
Because if one Labor person is replaced by one Liberal person. ...WHAT IS THE EFFING DIFFERENCE..??? They either dont know what Aviation is , or dont care.

The political disinterest in Aviation has been going on for DECADES, and thru Governments many and various. The only change has been that unchecked CASA has got worse and WORSE.

When Albo first got in I wrote him a letter, advising the GA was in dire straights and would he have the aviation division of DoTR kindly consider a CASA free GA conference, so his Dept could hear it from industry like it is, and consider changes etc to promote and foster GA.
You know, a little bit of "democracy" like regs for the industry, by the industry, for the advancement of the industry. Haha.

The response was .. we have the world's best safety record, the flattest country, the best weather etc etc and anyway we are producing a White Paper that will tell it all, dont worry, all is fine and dandy.

The White Paper (Kleenex Super Soft?) covered GA in 2 paragraphs. FFS!!!

My original letter will be followed up in mid September with a Bon Voyage card. Pity I cant book him on the Titanic as well.
But who will replace him. Oh dear. Different dummy, same shop window.

Someone mentioned the F111.
Anyone speak Korean.? Northern dude a bit ansty of late and looking to do a few tests. Just give them the co-ords of Non Aviation House Furzer St CB , will you, and please ask then to get on with it.
Who was that famous Pommie visitor that said Canberra would make a lovely ruin?
SERIOUS change is needed. And quick.