PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe axing jobs
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2013, 09:52
B Fraser
Tabs please !

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts
I'll chip in from a passenger viewpoint. I do try and book Flybe and have a choice of two local airports. If Flybe are successful then I will have increased choice and competition. The reality is that I constantly find that if I want to get to my destination at a business-friendly time e.g. between 08:00 and 10:00 and return on a departing flight around 18:00 then Flybe don't cut it. Furthermore, I don't want to explain why I'm claiming hundreds of pounds in expenses where Easyjet or even "flag carrier" alternatives are half the price.

Winning an award for in-flight catering ? What does that mean, one more flavour of overpriced Pringles compared to the competition ? I guess I'll have to start flying at twice the price and a day earlier with a hotel stay as there may be a paprika option on the catering trolley. But wait, I can get my laptop in the overhead bin in an ATR-72 or Airbus but not in a Dash-8 and I won't be hungry as I will have breakfast at Costa Coffee. The only attraction of picking Flybe is that the aircraft will be half empty and the crew won't be distracted by a full bladder having had a free cuppa in the crew room.

If you are an employee then please print this post and send it to those who have "the big picture". I post under my own name and don't mind being contacted if the management are serious about creating a winning business. The only big picture that counts is the one that drives customer spend.