PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SRS mode during windshear - A320
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2013, 07:25
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys
There was never any doubt about using TOGA and following SRS if available. But the scenario was we were in TOGA from take off. So when you reach 400ft i.e.( THR RED/ACC ALT) LVRCLB will flash also SRS changes to CLB. We ignore LVRCLB and keep the thrust levers in TOGA. We are in TOGA but FDs are not in SRS. in that context I had suggested if you are following the FDs, pulling speed to prevent pitch down to accelerate. It was not my intention to contradict SOPs. Now we have two options either move thrust levers out of TOGA(do not have to go to MCT) and quickly back to TOGA this gets the SRS but in GA mode or ignore FDs and fly 17.5 pitch with full back stick if needed. When FDs are there ignoring them is a tough job. If you had moved thrust levers to CLB then you reselect TOGA. You get back SRS in GA,you can follow SRS till default GA acceleration altitude. Also Airbus reccommends not reduce THR RED/ACC ALT if windshear is expected. I have confirmed that even in windshear, at THR RED ALT, LVRCLB wil flash and at ACC ALT SRS will change to CLB.