PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin refuse to let Military staff travel in uniform
Old 9th Mar 2013, 21:14
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Load toad agree entirely

“Travel for military purposes including returning home at military expense or return to work” I don’t see a reason why you could not travel in uniform anymore than I can see a reason when ordered not to wear uniform off base due to terrorist activities years ago to do so.
I suppose you are entitled to your outdated anti-homosexual opinions Old Fella, but I fear you are in a minority in this forum, where thankfully most of us have moved on from the "poofs and queers" culture of the past.
I don’t care/mind if you are gay, bi, non-sexual, any more than I care what religious belief you are. I do care when you start pushing it in my face and when you take that as a right then I have a right to push my beliefs back in your face. It is not a culture of "poof and queers". Do I swell with pride at the sight of uniforms in a march. I should and would if the uniforms in a march were about what we do in uniform (no that's your private affair) and what we stand for as the military not as, in this case, individuals. The offence is purely bought on by the tedium of a minority ruling the majority. Why do you have to wear your work clothes in a parade? I don’t wear my batman outfit to work. It is purely “this might ruffle feathers, it is an issue because the rules states only on official purposes” (I don’t think a gay parade is an official purpose)” and therefore the rules are changed because the indigant feelings of a minority ( what is it 4% or 14% are gay in the military) gets an established rule changed for themselves. Is/was the rule unreasonable. Probably to those who think that unless they can do whatever they want than a rule is unreasonable.

AB

If this story is true
Very much the point.

Name and shame. These pigs do not deserve to breathe the same air as real human beings.
Very much not the point and the same attitude as the "poofs and queers" culture.