PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is It Time For Direct Political Action? An Accessible Aviation Movement?
Old 9th Mar 2013, 21:01
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sunnie,

Sounds like you have heard of the recent gross incompetence the organisation has just shown for replacing a simple instrument for the SAAA/non SAAA members who own EAB aircraft. The last one expired 10 days ago, and they have had 2 years to write a new one, and they were reminded 2 months out not to stuff it up like every other two years. **see note below

Well they did accomplish one thing. They did not stuff it up like the last few times.......they have stuffed up even worse . To make matters worse they released a document on the Friday afternoon....at the last minute and all went into hiding. It was rejected and this 10 days later no instrument replacement.

And don't worry, this is not the worst of their stupidity. The most bizzare stupid and moronic cockup by CASA is not for public discussion yet. They will be wondering where the F111 with a nuke payload is coming from and when....and I aint about to spoil the fun on that one

In the USA, this would have politicians under siege, EAA, AOPA etc have large pull with the regulator. Fortunately the SAAA and AOPA in Australia are working closely together, but in Australia the various orgs do not work close enough together, although this is one of the aims of having Ausfly each year, getting the boards of orgs together and working closer.

Perhaps your political pressure group could work with the orgs as well. Problem is we have too many alphabet groups now that do bugger all. So just dont build another one. It must be effective.

My suggestion is the future minister, whom I believe is a lady and pilot(PPL/CPL) would be the perfect start for some "educating" and I am sure that CASA would be more concerned about a savvy and well advised incoming minister than the incompetent fool we have now.

Lets pray it is not tomato truss instead.

Good luck and where do I send my donation. And no I am too busy on too many volunteer boards and companies as it is, but happy to chip in.

** if you own or maintain an EAB aircraft, or know someone who does remind them, for the small price of <$200 you should be a member of SAAA as they are the only ones who fight CASA and their moronic decisions that would eventually have you with a museum piece if let have their way. Only about 50-60% of EAB owners are, and it really should be closer to 100%.