PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe axing jobs
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2013, 17:50
Resurgam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narrow Runway – to answer your question; “how on earth can removing Free Tea and Coffee in the crew room save jobs?” - all I can say is that if you had ‘The Big Picture’ you would understand.
Unfortunately like you, those of us who work for the company, don’t understand either as we don’t have ‘The Big Picture’ – a fact I know to be true because our management keep telling us so – in fact every time somebody on the front line points out a problem or suggests an idea, we are told it can’t be a good idea as we don’t have “The Big Picture”.
Luckily our management do have “The Big Picture” – which is rumored to be kept on a wall in an office down in Exeter. Obviously the office has to be kept locked to prevent non management types accidently stumbling in and having their brains fried by its magnificent awesomeness.
We are however occasionally allowed snippets of information that the management have divined from “The Big Picture”, and based on that I can confidently state that the Flybe business model is not at fault, and that all the companies current woes are due to external factors such as the high price of fuel, UK APD, and the global economic crisis. These factors also affect other British airlines which is why, Easyjet, Ryanair, Jet 2, and BA are also unprofitable…...Oh, er, hang on, wait a minute………………