Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2013, 10:09
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flybe/EK

Flybe

Flybe | Corporate | Media | News archive

Cutting through the spin, Glasgow seems to gain with frequencies and seats despite taking less passengers than EDI and EDI gains frequency but it is just a recovery of seats compared to September 2012, as it was 7 x 195 compared to 3 x 175, 4 x 195 & 1 x Q400.

I tried to see where this extra EDI based Q400 has come from but I couldn't see any network cuts or re-organisation but I suspect a BHX unit. The Q400 schedule this summer as I have mentioned before has a spare morning slot so potentially plenty of remedies at flybe's disposal - cut night-stop DUS and operate first Jersey out (five minute re-time required), push the morning IOM back to 08.20, move Waterford, HAJ or STR flights to 08.20.

At present this "new" Q400 sits at BHX from 07.55 to 14.05.

The first Jersey out fits those times perfectly.

GF

I assume future bookings and yield are good as there is nothing in the pax figures alone to show why an A380 would be needed. It is improving with load factors at 72% in January which is more like a May/June stat but it is early days.

As for BHX only two three-class flights out 112 movements in February so I assume things have improved although of course one less day in 2013 so it might be negative again.

Pete