PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment III
Old 9th Mar 2013, 09:10
mapsyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Melbourne AD

Melbourne ADs were pretty much the same as Australia wide recruitment drives. Perhaps the order in which they do things is a tad different but I will get on to that in a moment.
The first AD is perhaps the most crucial as they tend to be ruthless at this stage from what I have heard and seen...
The day starts off with an introduction to the company and the role and expected salary etc. One is then offered a chance to ask any questions regarding the role. You then all exit the room. After that you are split into groups and taken in a group at a time and they tell you what they want you to do in the activity ahead. You are asked to give a brief self introduction based on the parameters they ask for (i.e introduction without saying why you want to work for Virgin!!), you then are asked a question by the recruiters such as "what kind of tree would you be" or, "what kind of car would you be"...
You then sit and a group problem/task is given to you verbally and as a group you must come to a resolve. After that....you are asked to leave the room and you then get called back in one at a time for a one on one interview...basic interview questions.
You then are free to leave.
Fantastic day and met some wonderful people. The recruiters are lovely and very assuring.
Hope this helps and if any questions feel free to get in touch.
I am still awaiting my final interview outcome....so fingers crossed! am so looking forward to being Melbourne crew.