PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oops - QF system cacks itself - Big mob!!
Old 13th Feb 2003, 06:43
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kwaj

The res units are still staffed by good people BUT they are not allowed to know anything anymore. Quickres has killed the knowledge base. Once there was a 2 week training course (I am talking TAARSANs 1 and 2) including a week of introduction into the culture of the Airline and it's history and a week of AIRIMP/SIPP input and computer training, followed by 2 weeks with Paddy hovering behind you and your school on the front line.

Now it is 2 days and away you go.

The same applies to Load control. I would be interested to know how many ground handling agents could get an aeroplane out on time with a manual trim sheet. Southern handler can most likely advise us of what level of training they have there. I know I could still drop a line after a short study of the sheet, as could anyone who ever did that daily. The only one I know who can still do it and is still in the game would be "dribbler" at DPO QF.

It would be interesting to know how many aircrew could comfortably pull a manual trim down.

QUBE is actually still running all reservations and inventory functions, so one must ask why QF invested in Amateurdeus in the first place.

May I humbly suggest that QF Aircrew scrub up on Loco before they cut over. The system sucks like a JT8D and I cant imagine checkin is any better.

Best all

EWL