PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ambulance in Wales
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2003, 06:33
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letsby
I don't think anybody has suggested a second air ambulance could have helped the man; he died at the scene.
The appeal, launched by the Welsh Air Ambulance Charity, has the support of the bereaved mother and surviving fiancee in a positive, not negative, spirit. ie In gratitude that she was transferred by helicopter instead of a 50 mile journey by road through mountainous terrain whilst suffering from spinal injuries - a journey which takes up to two hours depending upon season.

"How come our ‘Super Moderator’ has posted this appeal?"
I didn't post is as an appeal for contributions, but as a news item which I thought would be of interest to rotorheads. Sorry it "sounds like B*ll***s" to you. It obviously doesn't to many people in North Wales. The existing air ambulance, based at Swansea, covers South and Mid Wales. North Wales relies on the police helicopter.

(As for 'Super Moderator' - just Mod will do thanks. The title, which I didn't choose and dislike, refers to Mods with responsibilities to oversee all PPRuNe forums. I chose to stay on as a Mod of Rotorheads because I like this forum.)

Helinut
I agree, but suspect the Welsh Ambulance Service hasn't got the funds available in the budget they're given. The Welsh Air Ambulance Charity was set up by volunteers. Shame such efforts are necessary when we see how much public money and lottery funds are wasted on other things.