PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Bastards Closed all the Best Bases.
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2013, 18:21
SOSL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Been off air for a while, computer became confused after some sort of cyber trauma and refused to recognise its keyboard. Got a new one now with twin carbs and a B and O audio.

1st tour at Wyt in 73/74 - magic place.

All the sqns listed in previous posts - lots of great guys (including Al Suicide (39 Sqn) and, from the tower, Steve Dzuiba (RIP)) - lots of stunning girls on the many JSPI courses who could be persuaded to frolic in the swimming pool in front of the OM. Even the Flt Lt WRAF from the education centre was a real cutie.

I became "friendly" with a nearby farmer's daughter (she was only a farmers daughter but she couldn't keep her calves together).

And, for the anoraks, there was some seriously interesting engineering going on, because that's what we did in those days.

Then I was posted to some other places - the one I enjoyed least was Wattisham - for personal reasons.

Then before I finally retired (1999/2004) I was posted back to Wyton. No sqns any more but lots of great guys and gals; no names no pack drill. I had a whale of a time. We were still doing team building expeds back then and blimey we had a few - I remember scrambling up a cliff with my face about 6 inches below a female civil serpent's nether regions and when we got to the top she said " sorry you had to suffer that" I just smiled quietly to myself.

So, for me - get rid of Wattisham....oh, whoops too late!

Keep Wyton....oh, whoops too late!

Rgds SOS

Last edited by SOSL; 8th Mar 2013 at 18:29.