PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated 737NG Low hour first officers
Old 8th Mar 2013, 09:07
yeoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer your questions Phalange.

1. Make a bit if money.

2. Nothing gained other than a serious credibility gap, a bunch of hopes dashed again and a couple of names to attach to it all, one of whom was even smart enough to let slip his future employer and the other of which was smart enough to ask people to spread the word about their reputation in an email saying, sorry, it's all gone Pete Tong.

That's the trouble with hair brained plans where airline HR Departments try to get cute. They seldom survive first contact with reality and inconsequential details get missed. Things like Industrial Agreements.

To those who thought their luck had changed, I genuinely feel for you. That's easy to say of course, I've got a job. In Thomson we have invested a considerable amount of effort in trying to break the cycle whereby availability of cash is a determining factor in getting a job. On a limited basis this has already worked and some 20 + pilots are just joining now. Sadly for those without Type Ratings, these were all Type Rated guys but we now have the mechanism in place to recruit on ability from across the spectrum of applicants. I don't know when but be patient, it has to happen at some point. Again, easy to say because patience doesn't pay bills.

We currently recruit using an in house team that includes Line Pilots. I don't see that changing any time soon.

On a final note, it seems no one lost money here so we should I suppose give C&M credit for that. Next time, do the research. Airlines will try recruiting through agencies for all sorts of reasons and NONE of them are good for our profession. Most unions are vigorously opposed and many airlines have agreements addressing the matter. Going around them will usually end in tears.