PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RTOW Min and Max Acc Heights
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2013, 02:06
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As JT wrote:
The devil is in the detail and it is NOT amenable to winging it on the fly.
Pilot737,
De facto ... As I said I'm talking about 100 or 129 ft difference and not 1000 ft difference
I agree but when do you put a stop at your guessing game?300,400,700ft?999ft?
In aviation and more specifically in abnormal situations ... We must THINK and analyse our current status as abnormal and emergency procedures cover about 95 to 99 % of the possible scenarios but not every particular case with any unpredictable factor (multiple failures etc) .
We are talking about delaying a normal 2 engines acceleration to a min acceleration height,,,you are not in an abnormal situation nor in multiple failure scenario.
You are already making holes to your cheese in a normal situation.
If you apply only the theory and you don't adjust your theory knowledge + your skills to the rest 5-1 % you may end to a disaster
With theory comes knowledge,a safe pilot is one who would follow standard procedures and use his knowledge not to put his aircraft in a situation where superior skills are needed in the first place.
Don't forget ... After some incidents the abnormal / emergency procedures may change and follow the "non standard actions" of the crew involved if proven more efficient than the current procedure
The Captain can deviate from SOPs if the out of the ordinary/abnormal situation requires such action.In that case,he better be damn sure of his knowledge/experience as if his detour fails,he will be hanged by the balls..

Last edited by de facto; 8th Mar 2013 at 02:09.