PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAE RAF P3 procurement feasibility report
Old 7th Mar 2013, 15:09
Hoots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a bit more reasonable egdg, however what we need is the younger guys to get experience now from the older ones, which is whats happening to a degree. Not all seedcorn guys are due to be retired in 10 years time. I do think the RN has something to offer, hence the reason that RAF rearcrew are possibly going to be utilising RN facilities in future. Of course rearcrew were not forgotten about much when MFTS was thought of.

I will be surprised if we get a MPA replacement within the next 10 years if at all. But dont rule out future simulator instructors, ground instructors etc with current modern MPA experience if we do get one. What we can not afford is an interservice bun fight, which sadly I see far too often. Although I have also seen inter-cap badge fights also in todays climate with each fighting to take over jobs to preserve their corps identity. I know I will be accused of bias, but from what I have witnessed recently the RN and Army need to embrace jointness and not fight to take over jobs which will just cause the barriers to up.

I agree with you old fat one, but if you ask me joint is the way forward, as an aside Im not on seedorn, just expressing my view as an ex MPA person

Last edited by Hoots; 7th Mar 2013 at 15:14.