PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naples Air Center, Florida - who has actually been there?
Old 7th Mar 2013, 13:32
wild goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People who come to NAC for short periods generally have positive experiences.
The opposite is true for those who do the professional pilot programs.
The owner (Richard) sees these students of cash cows, who are locked into long term commitment with the school.
They are treated like trash by the management and are frequently hit with hidden charges and your charge sheet requires an Accountancy Phd to decode.
If you try to leave you will lose a lot of money. A $500 deposit was increased to $1000 a while back when the prior sum did not prove a sufficient deterrent - if you ask to leave the program you will never see your deposit again, or any money you have remaining in your account.
You are forced to do your time building at NAC, even if you find another place that is cheaper.
There have been students who were forced to fly their IR training, or at least part of it, on a Cirrus, which incurred significant extra cost. This was despite the fact that IR training can be very happily completed without flying a Cirrus.
The JAA ground school was very good (at least up to a few years ago - how it is now, I don't know) but Paul Winner, the excellent chief instructor left, apparently due to the awful people skills displayed by the owner.
Overall - there are plenty of alternatives to NAC - I would recommend EFT also in Florida.
I moved there mid way through my training (yes, I lost my deposit) and I was very happy with every aspect of time spent there.
If anyone wants more specifics, I will be happy to provide them privately.