PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASA does it again - 2011 OOL near miss investigation released
Old 7th Mar 2013, 09:21
Gentle_flyer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Sarcs,

Thanks for all the research and information.

Checked with controllers and the general impression is a BOS/LOSA submitted to the Airservices safety database is an immediately notifiable to ATSB.

So the automation should ensure that the ATSB sees all of them.

The interesting part is that they are obviously not all investigated as evidenced by the ATSB list in the main investigation section. And we are apparently talking about some really serious ones according to some guys in BN Centre!

So the question becomes why in a time of heightened interest from Senators etc would the ATSB either a/. not investigate all BOS/LOSAs sent their way or b/. have some sort of secret squirrel MOU with AsA agreeing to investigate them but just not list them on the general investigation list so people like BS gives AsA stick on Plane Talking every time one is published??

One of course presumes that AsA investigates all BOS/LOSAa that are put into the AsA database. I mean that's why Airservices is there for ie stop jets bumping into each other so they at least would surely internally have to investigate every BOS/LOSA wouldn't they?

I mean if AsA are not internally investigating all the BOS/LOSAs and neither is ATSB we are going into territory I just can't believe its true. It sort of destroys the whole safety management system designed to be in place.

Nah, it just would not happen in Australia.....surely??

Last edited by Gentle_flyer; 7th Mar 2013 at 09:26.