PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Mar 2013, 05:53
disagreeable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez, your always being negative Disagreeable.... LOL

wow, isnt this what I have been trying to tell you guys!

Sorry to say, but this has been pre-warned to you guys for a fair while now;

You all are in an annoying situation, but sitting around and waiting for QR is only of benefit if you are ACTIVELY looking/persuing other flying jobs.

Yes, you may not have large amounts of experience, but like I ad others have mentioned before, its about starting small and building up the career, not just getting a golden goat jet job.... that goes for guys under 2000 - 3000 hours.! If your lucky and it fits, take it, if you just sit around and BS yourselves about "being positive", "praying to god" or simply just singing the praises in the hopes of sucking up to somebody in QR to give you something, then you are simply not being confident enough to walk away from the offer and look/make your own luck to speak.
I know, financial crisis etc, but you can manage to sit around waiting for QR, you can also put that into other efforts that will actually build your career. I know many of you are doing that and to them, best of luck!
However, if you are expecting an easy ride through aviation, you just learned a valuable lesson....... unless your offer has a starting date on it, you have signed it and are there on day one, then aviation is simply always going to be a gamble..... welcome....... I suggest the low houred guys (especially) read this book:
FATE IS THE HUNTER......

Good luck.

There is more out there than this place (and the many that leave should have given you the hint)..... one day QR will learn that, but they will learn it quicker if you dont sell your soul standing in line ignoring life and other opportunities waiting for this dusty opportunity.......... then QR may actually be motivated to truely lift its 2 star crew treatment to 5 star....

Last edited by disagreeable; 9th Mar 2013 at 22:48.